Since our launch in 2004, Thunderhead has become a recognized global leader in the customer engagement market (The Forrester WaveTM Journey Orchestration and Visioning Platforms Q4 2018, https://www.thunderhead.com/about-us/forrester-wave-q4-2018-names-thunderhead-as-an-orchestration-and-visioning-leader/
). With our cloud-based, intuitive ONE Engagement Hub, Thunderhead helps businesses understand their customer's true intent and enables orchestration of individualized journeys for every customer across web, mobile, in-store and contact center touchpoints', seamlessly and in real-time, billions of human moments and millions of individual journeys.
Thunderhead is searching for a talented Android QA Engineer (remote or based in our Manchester, NH office), eager to learn mobile, who's passionate about building and delivering enterprise-grade product solutions for Android.
Our team is updating and expanding our industry leading and innovative Android SDK which powers millions of interactions every day.
As an Android QA Engineer you will work very closely with the mobile development team to understand the architecture of our existing products and services under development. You will review and contribute to the overall test strategy and quality of the new product and services. In conjunction with development, you will be designing and implementing tooling that will allow for efficient and comprehensive testing, as well as testing pre-release versions of mobile OS to avoid introducing regressions.
Responsibilities / Duties / Functions / Tasks
- Work closely with developers as peers to understand underlying architecture and code changes to come up with test strategy across different layers of the mobile SDKs
- Understand test automation needs, task out work, and provide feedback on design solutions
- Automate newly integrated features, and develop toolsets to augment QA and Development testing
- Extend existing automation framework to work with new services and write end-to-end automation for existing and new user scenarios
- Perform continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression suites
- Create detailed strategic test plans, actionable bug reports and follow-up on review proposed problem resolutions
- Coordinate, plan, test, and conduct releases
- Evaluate errors post-release to help inform the next iteration of changes to end user experiences
Must have skills/experience
- 5+ years of testing and automation experience
- Expertise in an object-oriented programming language, preferably Java or Kotlin
- Experience with JUnit or similar framework
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience using git
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in working with continuous integration platforms (i.e. Jenkins, CircleCi or others)
- Intermediate understanding of Android development/testing
- Experience writing tests using the Android Espresso Framework
- Experience in testing SDKs which have been used in other applications
- Testing using cloud-based infrastructure for testing solutions (i.e. Firebase)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
What's the Deal?
We will provide you with a series of challenging issues together with the tools, equipment and support to give you the best possible chance of succeeding. To reward you for your hard work, we'll provide you with a competitive salary, including an annual bonus. In addition to joining a dynamic, friendly team, we provide a range of benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401k plan, and various company sponsored social outings.
As a rapidly growing company, we offer plenty of opportunities for career development - the majority of people in senior positions within the engineering department have been promoted internally.
So, if we interest you, please let us know by applying for this position and tell us all about yourself.
This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
To learn more about Thunderhead visit: