SemanticBits is seeking a Backend Software Engineer to implement a wide range of REST services in Node.js
and databases. You will work in a closely knit Scrum team to solve complex backend problems, such as integrating external services into our services, adding new database structures, and implementing new REST services in Node.js
with a focus on security, performance, and scalability. You will dig into business requirements and implement complex logic using modern technologies like Node.js
. We believe strongly in test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment, and we have a strong DevOps mindset. This is a remote position, though we do have offices in Herndon, VA and near Baltimore, MD.
- Experience building enterprise-scale backend REST services using an API-first paradigm
- Hands-on experience building services with Node.js
- Intimate knowledge of crafting highly performant database queries using frameworks like Sequelize, knex, or other query builders/ORMs
- Hands-on experience implementing relational database structures, including tables, indexes, views, etc.
- Experience implementing NoSQL databases like MongoDB preferred
- A mindset towards building systems for the cloud and DevOps fundamentals
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud infrastructure, such as EC2 and RDS
- Hands-on understanding of virtualization and experience with Docker
- Focus towards building security, performance, and scalability into services from the beginning
Benefits Competitive base salary Three weeks of PTO Ten paid holiday days Comprehensive health benefits (medical with HSA option, dental, and vision) Professional development and training reimbursement 401k retirement plan with matching benefit 100% paid short-term and long-term disability 100% paid life insurance Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) Casual working environment Flexible working hours SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.