Cryptowatch is Kraken's professional charting, trading, and market analysis platform. Join our team and help us build a chat product that our users will love. We recently released the first version of this product, but there is a lot more we want to do. Our chat will support tens of thousands of concurrent users, end-to-end encrypted messaging, and tons of special commands for trading and sharing right in the UI.
* You have a solid understanding of XMPP
* You value free speech, free software, and want to work on a product that will help thousands of traders connect with each other
* You are comfortable in a Linux environment and can work with scripting tools like bash
* You have worked on a team before, understand software development methodologies, and write clean, testable code.
* You have a security mindset, understand common threats, and how to avoid them
* You are a team player who values transparency and communication
* Contribute to Converse.js and work directly with its creator
* Participate in code reviews, technical discussions, and other team activities
**A strong candidate will also have experience with**
* Prosody XMPP server
* Implementing XMPP XEPs